No hike if raining. Bring plenty of water.
This is a Friday 8:30am meetup – no need to register.
NEW HIKING INFORMATION:
We will arrange the attendees into smaller groups of 4 to 6 people
and arrange groups to accommodate different hiking speeds
(as needed) - fast, medium & leisurely.
East Fork Cold Springs Trail Hike
We will hike the East Fork of the Cold Springs Trail to the Edison Catway. This trail has alot of shade with beautiful small waterfalls along the route and great views of the coast from the top. This is an out and back hike - turn around anytime.
Elevation gain: ~900 ft.
Distance : 2.5 miles 2 hours duration
Google Maps for the trailhead
DIRECTIONS: Meet at the Cold Springs trailhead on E. Mountain Drive on the east (Montecito) side of the creek. Drive through all the signs that say "Road Closed to Thru Traffic" until you can't go any further. There is ample parking on weekdays. You may also park on the West Side of the creek but we will begin the hike on the Montecito side.
From either direction on Fwy 101, exit at Olive Mill Road and turn toward the mountains. Continue up Olive Mill Rd 1.0 mile, crossing East Valley Rd where name changes to Hot Springs Rd. After another 1.0 mile turn left on East Mountain Drive. Go 1.1 miles to trailhead on the right, just before the creek crossing. (You’ll probably see cars & hikers when you first turn onto East Mountain Drive. That is another trailhead. Do not stop. Continue 1.1 miles.)
Hike Leader: Mike McCourt
Hope you will join us!
NOTICE TO PARTICIPANTS
If any of the three following conditions is present on the day of the event, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE EVENT.
- Within the last 10 days, you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus;
- You live in the same household with, or have had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days has been in isolation for COVIC-19 or had a test confirming he or she has the virus;
- You have had any one or more of these symptoms today or within the past 24 hours, which is new or not explained by any other reason
- Fever over 100.4, chills or shivering
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Feeling unusually weak or fatigued
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Runny or congested nose
- The Club will neither facilitate nor encourage any manner of participation that would increase the normal risks associated with participation in this activity, including risks of COVID-19 contraction. The Club encourages all participants to familiarize themselves with measures designed to minimize the risk of contraction of COVID-19. For more information on local and national guidelines to help avoid contraction of COVID-19, please see Santa Barbara County Public Health Information Portal and CDC COVID 19 Webpage.
- There may be risks inherent in this activity, including risks associated with human interaction identified by local and national health authorities as to the contraction of COVID-19 . The Club takes the position that it is in no way liable for any injury or illness a participant may incur as a result of participation in an event the risks of which the participant knew or should have known.