CYCLING - LOS OLIVOS-SOLVANG-NOJOQUI FALLS
MARCH 27, 2021 9:00am - 12:00pm
We will meet on Jonata Street in Los Olivos. Directions: Route 154 to Los Olivos, left on Grand Ave, left on Jonata St. Park by the porta-potties, across from R Country Market. Plan on 45 minutes from SB to get out there on Highway 154. We have one option, with a 12 mile addon at the end, no need to commit till you’re back in Los Olivos.
Depart 9:00AM through town to the start of Ballard Canyon Road. There is one serious hill at the beginning of Ballard. Photo stop at the top, then rolling hills to Solvang. We will continue to Alisal Road and out to Nojoqui Falls and return back to Solvang for a great coffee/pastry stop in Solvang at Mortensen’s bakery! This is a VERY scenic ride, passing Rusack Winery on Ballard Canyon going out and passing several wineries on Alamo Pintado coming back to Los Olivos. This ride is ideal for road bikes, and hybrids. You’ll be using your gears, and plan to pump your tires up. Distance: 26 miles round trip.
Add-on option - If you need a few more miles continue on to a Foxen Canyon – Zaca Mesa loop which will add another 12 miles (38 total) There will be two miles at the end on HWY 150, however there is a significantly large shoulder to ride on and I observed many cyclist using this return route.
Check out the Ride Map!
Lunch: There are a lot of choices to eat lunch in Los Olivos or grab a sandwich and we can eat in the park where the cars are parked.
Let us know you are riding by clicking the link below.
Yes, I am Riding!
The goal of the Cycling Committee is to hold weekly social meetup rides that are open to cyclists of all levels and abilities. Our rides are typically designed to have multiple start points and route segments and a destination that will allow us to relax and chat with our fellow Newcomers and guests after the ride. These rides are 'No Drop', so no riders will be left behind. Whether you are a beginning rider or a Tour de France champion come out and join us as there will usually be something for everyone.
Helmets required! Have plenty of water with you. Rain postpones. Join the SBNC Strava Group
NOTICE TO PARTICIPANTS
If any of the three following conditions is present on the day of the event, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE EVENT.
- Within the last 10 days, you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus;
- You live in the same household with, or have had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days has been in isolation for COVIC-19 or had a test confirming he or she has the virus;
- You have had any one or more of these symptoms today or within the past 24 hours, which is new or not explained by any other reason:
- Fever over 100.4, chills or shivering
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Feeling unusually weak or fatigued
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Runny or congested nose
- The Club will neither facilitate nor encourage any manner of participation that would increase the normal risks associated with participation in this activity, including risks of COVID-19 contraction. The Club encourages all participants to familiarize themselves with measures designed to minimize the risk of contraction of COVID-19. For more information on local and national guidelines to help avoid contraction of COVID-19, please see Santa Barbara County Public Health Information Portal and CDC COVID 19 Webpage.
- There may be risks inherent in this activity, including risks associated with human interaction identified by local and national health authorities as to the contraction of COVID-19 . The Club takes the position that it is in no way liable for any injury or illness a participant may incur as a result of participation in an event the risks of which the participant knew or should have known.