OJAI - 21, 32 OR 58 MILES
Saturday, December 19, 2020 -- 9:00 - 12:00PM
This week's ride has three options and takes us along the coast to Ventura and then inland along a very scenic bike path to Ojai. There are three starting points (Rincon Beach Parking Lot at Bates Road, Main Street Parking Lot in Ventura or Casitas Vista Rd off Hwy 33).
Depending on how many miles you are interested in riding you can go a little as 19 miles or as many as 58 miles. This is a very scenic ride. It’s a very easy, continual grade uphill to Ojai, about 3% and in some places 5%. Not hard at all. Coming back is all downhill!
Bates Rd. Parking Lot: For those that are ambitious and want a longer ride (58 miles round trip), we will begin at the parking lot off Bates Road at 8:00AM and will meet up with the main group in Ventura.
Check out the Ride Map!
Main Street Ventura: A 32 mile round trip ride, starts in Ventura. The bike path begins at Rex Street. If you are starting here drive south on 101 and exit at the Main St, Ventura exit. Park in the parking lot to the right after the bridge over the creek, and just before the HWY 33 overpass. If there is no room, go back over the bridge and park on the side of the road. We’ll meet in the parking lot just before the overpass at 9:00AM. The riders starting at Bates Road will take about an hour to get to this point, so please don’t start w/o the group. Check out the Ride Map!
Casitas Vista Road: A short 21 mile round trip ride which starts at the Casitas Vista exit off Highway 33, heading to Ojai. To start here take 101 South to 33 North towards Ojai. Exit where the highway is ending at Casitas Vista Road (CVR). Turn right upon exiting on CVR, back alongside the highway on CVR and turn right under the Freeway and park under the overpass. There are restrooms close by, in Foster Park. The riders that start in Ventura will be at CVR by 9:30AM. and we can head off to Ojai as a group. If we’re a few minutes late, please wait for us. Check out the Ride Map!
From SB, plan on 30 minutes to parking in Ventura and 45 minutes to parking at CVR.
Let us know you are riding by clicking the link below:
Helmets required! Bring lots of water. Ride cancelled if raining.
The goal of the Cycling Committee is to hold weekly social meetup rides that are open to cyclists of all levels and abilities. Our rides are typically designed to have multiple start points and route segments and a destination that will allow us to relax and chat with our fellow Newcomers and guests after the ride. These rides are 'No Drop', so no riders will be left behind. Whether you are a beginning rider or a Tour de France champion come out and join us as there will usually be something for everyone.
Join the SBNC Strava Group
NOTICE TO PARTICIPANTS
If any of the three following conditions is present on the day of the event, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE EVENT.
- Within the last 10 days, you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had a test confirming you have the virus;
- You live in the same household with, or have had close contact with someone who in the past 14 days has been in isolation for COVIC-19 or had a test confirming he or she has the virus;
- You have had any one or more of these symptoms today or within the past 24 hours, which is new or not explained by any other reason:
- Fever over 100.4, chills or shivering
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Feeling unusually weak or fatigued
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Runny or congested nose
- The Club will neither facilitate nor encourage any manner of participation that would increase the normal risks associated with participation in this activity, including risks of COVID-19 contraction. The Club encourages all participants to familiarize themselves with measures designed to minimize the risk of contraction of COVID-19. For more information on local and national guidelines to help avoid contraction of COVID-19, please see Santa Barbara County Public Health Information Portal and CDC COVID 19 Webpage.
- There may be risks inherent in this activity, including risks associated with human interaction identified by local and national health authorities as to the contraction of COVID-19 . The Club takes the position that it is in no way liable for any injury or illness a participant may incur as a result of participation in an event the risks of which the participant knew or should have known.